DICE has posted some brand new information on Armored Kill, the upcoming vehicle-based DLC pack for Battlefield 3. Previously, all that was really known was that Armored Kill would have a strong emphasis on vehicles.
Over on the page for Armored Kill on Battlefield 3's official website, some new details have been listed. The new information includes:
- All-out vehicle warfare on four new maps
- Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history
- New vehicles, including tanks, ATV's, and mobile artillery
- Bring back five new vehicle unlocks to the base game
- Earn 20+ unlocks for the new vechicles in Armored Kill
- New Tank Superiority game mode
- All maps playable with all six game modes
Easily the most exciting aspect of Armored Kill, for us, is the Tank Superiority game mode...
If you had a chance to play Battlefield: 1943, you will remember that Air Superiority was purely World War II fighter jets in combat with each other. If you ask us, it sounds like DICE is taking a cue from the incredible success that Wargaming.net has seen with World of Tanks.
Not a bad idea!
Armored Kill is expected to launch in September of this year, but no specific release date has been announced.