Activision has announced a special Independence Day promotion, scheduled to go live today, on the eve of the 4th of July.
Starting today, for a limited time, all of Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops' downloadable content will be available for 50% off on multiple platforms. Whether you prefer PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, we're all American and we can all unite behind discounted DLC. But not if you are playing a Nintendo Wii, a console whose players are apparently not American enough to get a discount.
Not one to show favoritism, Activision is also setting the promotion live tomorrow in Europe. The 50% sales will last a week in all regions on all platforms.
To be clear, the DLC content packs included in this week's promotion are:
- Call of Duty® : Modern Warfare® 3 Content Collection #1
- Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Content Collection #2
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops Escalation
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops Annihilation
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops Rezurrection