Crytek has officially released a teaser trailer for their upcoming FPS Crysis 3. The trailer is short and sweet, but Crytek has promised more to come on April 24th!
The trailer, courtesy of Gametrailers.com, features footage of Crysis 3 protagonist Prophet and the soon-to-be-iconic composite bow as well as some environments that we will encounter in the game. As the shot is fired from Prophet's bow, we get a glimpse of some of the details 3 that we first heard about when EA and Crytek announced the game earlier this week. Specifically, we can see some really good footage of the nanodome that the CELL Corporation has installed over New York City. The Liberty Dome looks about as we would imagine a Nanodome to look like, with the trademark hexagonal design work.
Prophet can be seen running through what has to be the inside of the Nanodome, if you note the urban street overgrown with tropical foliage. The composite bow looks to fold in on itself, as Prophet can be seen to extend it before firing his shot. Whether or not that is purely aesthetic or will serve some purpose in the game remains to be seen.
Some other interesting notes we came up with after some initial analysis include:
- The nanodome is called the Liberty Dome; it is possible that the dome has ties to Liberty Island which is both a playable location in Crysis 2 as well as the home of the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor. It is clear to see that the dome borders water, but whether this is the New York Harbor is unclear.
- Prophet can be seen with a rifle of some sort while he is running, but when it cuts to him closer, he is wielding the composite bow.
- We are fairly confident that the aircraft seen in the trailer is a Ceph Gunship, wheras the helicopters flying near the Liberty Dome in the beginning appear to be human craft, presumably belonging to CELL.
- The Nanosuit doesn't appear to be a Nanosuit 3.0, as we would expect, but it may be that the aesthetics haven't changed, but rather the powers have been updated.
- We presume that the character in the trailer is Prophet, although comparing with an image of Alcatraz from Crysis 2, they are virtually identical thanks to the Nanosuit.
- The Crysis logo has been updated to reflect the overgrown state of New York City courtesy of CELL's nanodome.