Getting yourself set up in DayZ can be a pain in the neck, if you have never done it before and don't have anyone to give you a hand. There are several tools out there that help you optimize your DayZ experience, and DayZCommander is one of the best.
In the video above, we are going to give you a brief overview on how to get started using DayZCommander. If you're planning on using this tool, you'll definitely want to check out the video to help you on your way. If you're one for written guides, the DayZ Wiki has a beautifully simple set of steps:
- Run both Arma2 and Arma2: Combined Operations once to complete installation.
- Download the latest version of DayZCommander from http://www.dayzcommander.com
- Run DayZCommander and click the "versions" button from the top menu.
- Click "Install latest revision" under Arma2 OA. Wait for the download and install to complete.
- Click "Install latest version" under DayZ. Wait for the download and install to complete.
- Press "Done" to close the versions panel.
- Double-click any listed server to play.