The team working on the ArmA II mod DayZ has released a pretty major update for the mod, introducing new elements into the game and fixing existing ones. The update is, of course, free of charge to anyone who owns ArmA II, the expansion Operation Arrowhead and has installed DayZ.
Today's update, 184.108.40.206, introduces some new weapons and gameplay elements. As with any good update, the patch notes are pretty lengthy but here are some standouts:
- New weapons: Sa58 and the G36.
- Ability to flip ATV's.
- Zeds spawn while in vehicles.
- Zeds now have the ability to pull you from open vehicles.
- Chopper weapons can now be reloaded.
- 5 New types of food ("FoodmuttonCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodBaconCooked","HIDDEN","FooedRabbitCooked").
- Bloodbags can now give an infection.
- You can now eat raw meat (low hp add + possible infection), and Cooked meat (high hp add w/o infection).
These are just a few highlights from one section of the full changelog. The entire thing can be read online at http://dayzmod.com/.
Make sure you visit the DayZ Wiki at http://www.dayzwiki.com/ for more information on DayZ!