Electronic Arts and Visceral Games have released some details on what exactly players will be getting in the 'Dev Team Edition' of Dead Space 3, their upcoming third-person shooter. This isn't your typical collector's edition and has actually been assembled by the very people who developed the game, as a special thank you to fans who have been investing time in Isaac Clarke since the very first game in 2008.
“We’re super excited to team-up with Treehouse and make something extra special for gamers that have been supporting us since the first Dead Space game,” said Visceral Games VP Steve Papoutsis. “We, as a development team, really wanted to put our personal touch on these exclusive items so that they feel authentic and meaningful to our passionate fan base.”
The Dev Team Edition of Dead Space 3 includes the limited edition of Dead Space 3 itself (including the 'First Contact' and 'Witness the Truth' DLC packs), as well as:
- Tin Collector’s Case: Measuring nearly 14”x9,” this case is covered with mysteries and trivia from all three Dead Space games, debossed with full color art based on the designs from Ben Wanat (Creative Director for Dead Space 3) and Dino Ignacio (UI Designer for Dead Space 3).
- Serrano’s Journal: Dr. Earl Serrano’s journal full of clues and haunting artwork of his findings on Tau Volantis has come to life with exclusive content by Chuck Beaver (Story Producer on Dead Space 3).
- Art Book: A 4.75”x6.5” hardbound book containing 96 stunning full color pages, plus exclusive material from the Dead Space art department headed by Alex Muscat (Art Director for Dead Space 3).
- Flip Book “Data Pad:” A 10”x7” book with a metal cover that contains 9 image sets made with clear PET cover sheets over heavy-weight cardstock. The flip book was designed by Dino Ignacio to be a functional prop version of the Dead Space User Interface in the game.
- Marker Statue: A 8” hand-sculpted, custom-molded polyresin statue that’s coated in metallic paints to replicate the maddening glyphs of the Black Marker.
- Med-Pack: The med-pack in the game has been recreated as a 14 oz. PET water bottle, perfect for carrying your beverage of choice.
- Poster Pack: A set of three 5”x10” single-sided posters replicating the nostalgic posters found throughout Dead Space 3 that depict an older age of space travel.
- Postcard Set: A set of six 3.75”x6” Peng themed postcards, double-sided with art on the front and Dead Space-branded postcard information on the back.
If you're looking to get your hands on a Dev Team Edition, you're looking at a $160 price tag - or you can buy the content by itself, and no copy of Dead Space 3, for just $100.
Check out http://deadspace3devteamedition.com/ for more photos of the Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition and information on where you can pick it up. Dead Space 3 arrives on February 5th in North America on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.