Ubisoft has released Far Cry 3 in Europe, with the North American launch just a few short days away. The game has been astounding critics so far and may very well be the sleeper hit of 2012. We knew the game would be great, but based on early reviews, the game is surpassing those expectations quite soundly.
When the game is finally in your hands, PC users will need to download a day one update that you really need to download to get the most out of Far Cry 3. The patch features tweaks to multiplayer, singleplayer, co-op and the map editor. Downloading the patch is pretty easy, but Ubisoft has gone ahead and put together some brief instructions on how you can get the patch downloaded and installed as quickly as possible to let you get into the game right away.
The details on installation can be found at http://far-cry.ubi.com/. Some highlights from the changelog include:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
The map editor also had a couple bugs that are addressed with Patch 1.01. Check it out at http://far-cry.ubi.com/ to get started.