Ubisoft has officially announced the Outpost app for Far Cry 3, a companion application that is available on select iOS and Android devices. The studio is announcing it today, but we've been using Outpost for a couple weeks on our Motorola XOOM so we're not sure what spawned today's announcement, but either way, here is some more information.
Outpost lets you:
- Decode the encrypted data you find in game to unlock advanced weapon mods and earn bonus XP. Don’t wait until you’re playing the game to start decoding. Instead, decode on the go! Once you unlock a weapon mod, you can accept it, give it to one of your friends or sell it for more XP straight from your phone.
- View and customize your Loadouts so that you’re ready to play once you’re back in the game.
- Keep track of your progress through the Daily and Weekly Challenges. Completing these Challenges will earn you XP.
- Check out your personal stats and the stats of your friends, including time played, level, top weapons, awards and more.
- Keep track of the maps you've made in the Map Editor. You can follow the current tier placements and how many people have liked or favorited your maps.
If you have used Call of Duty's Elite app or Battlefield's Battlelog, you'll be right at home with Far Cry 3's Outpost companion app. Probably the best aspect of Outpost is that downloading it gives you access to a second decoder for unlocking encrypted data in multiplayer. It is the only way to unlock that second decoder and you're going to want it as you progress and earn more advanced encrypted devices.