Ubisoft has released a patch for Far Cry 3, bringing some updates and features to the game but this update has a twist; all of the features and tweaks were added based on feedback taken from the community. In other words, today's patch was essentially dictated directly by community requests.
Included are updates to singleplayer and multiplayer, namely:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife
- Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
- A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps
If you haven't checked out Far Cry 3 yet, make sure you visit our hub to learn more about what the game has to offer.