Today is the day that many in this industry have been anxiously anticipating for the last few weeks, the day that Microsoft officially unveiled its next-generation Xbox console!
Catch yourself up right here on everything we know about the Xbox One, in quick, clean bullet points:
- The Xbox One ships with the mandatory Kinect sensor.
- The Kinect sensor is dramatically updated, featuring smarter recognition and a wide-angle 1080p camera.
- This sensor allows you to seamlessly switch between live TV, gaming and Xbox One applications with voice commands.
- The hardware for the Xbox One looks like this:
- 8-core CPU
- 8 GB of RAM
- Blu-Ray disc drive
- 500 GB hard drive
- USB 3.0
- Gigabit Ethernetand Wi-Fi
- HDMI In/Out.
- Xbox One OS based on Windows 8 and the Xbox 360 OS, with significant updates tying the systems together seamlessly.
- The controller is based on the Xbox 360 controllers with over 40 unique updates and changes.
- The Xbox One has a built-in game DVR, allowing you to record and share your favorite gaming moments.
- No info on pricing or release date was given outside of a timeframe of 'this year'.
Do you have anything we missed? Drop us a line in the comments and we'll update this piece!