Hammerpoint Interactive have announced some brand new details on their upcoming zombie survival game, The War Z, as well as a handful of screenshots from the game.
The War Z looks great so far, both in the screenshots and the promises that Hammerpoint Interactive is making. Our fingers are crossed that they aren't empty promises. Hammerpoint has announced that they will be partnering with Arktos Entertainment to bring The War Z to the masses.
In the press release sent out this morning, Eric Nordin, Senior Game Designer on The War Z, said:
The whole team is completely obsessed with the zombie culture as well as with post-apocalyptic games like Fallout. Since we started the design of the game, we have continued to incorporate new features that inspire us as we go.
At the end of the day we want to ship a game that we want to play ourselves and we’re hoping that other gamers will recognize our passion and be excited about playing as well!
The War Z features both a hardcore mode where death is permanent and a normal difficulty mode, where players can be revived after a 'cool-down' period. Keep reading for more of The War Z's exciting features.
The War Z will feature:
- Ability to switch between first-person (FPS) and third-person (TPS) perspectives.
- Huge maps ranging between 200 and 400 square kilometers.
- Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player) gameplay.
- Unique social elements, including bounties, rewards, help requests, trap setting, etc.
- Safe Settlements: safe cities within the world where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players.
- Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions.
- Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates.
- Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client.
Check out some brand new screenshots of the game below and for more on the game, make sure to drop by http://www.warzwiki.com/!