Gearbox Software has released the official skill tree for Krieg the Psycho, the next player class to be introduced in Borderlands 2, and there's a lot here to digest. You can view the full skill tree right here, but let's take a look at some of the highlights.
Buzz Axe Rampage
Krieg's action skill, as we had previously heard, is Buzz Axe Rampage, in which Krieg's melee damage and movement speed are increased and earning kills will instantly refill your health bar. This essentially turns Krieg into a killing machine, but remember it does not affect ranged weapons at all as Krieg is a melee character first and foremost.
Other standouts in Krieg's skill trees include:
- Buzz Axe Bombardier - when thrown, your Buzz Axe now has dynamite attached to it that explodes on impact.
- Bloodsplosion - killing an enemy will cause an Elemental Nova that matches the element of the weapon used to kill them. If no element is applied, the Nova will use explosive damage.
- Light the Fuse - when activated, Fight For Your Life is replaced with Light the Fuse. Krieg pulls out a bundle of dynamite, earning a kill with which will cause you to be revived.
- Release the Beast - if Krieg is at 33% or less health when activating Buzz Axe Rampage, his health will instantly be refilled and he will turn into a Badass Pyscho Mutant. This also comes with increased melee damage and damage reduction.
- Fire a Fiend - melee attacks have the chance to ignite enemies.
- Raving Retribution - when on fire, homing balls of fire will target your attacker and explode on impact, locked to a rate of one ball of fire per second.
Krieg will be available in The Pyscho Pack which releases tomorrow, May 14th, for $9.99.