Today, Bungie gave us an update in relation to bungie.net. They gave us a solid rundown of both the Feedback and Account systems.Here is what they had to say:
Our goals for the online home of the Bungie Community have always been to host a safe, well-lit environment where members can enhance their experiences as players of our games. Today, we're deploying an update to both versions of the Destiny Companion (desktop and mobile) that will improve upon the way we all communicate with each other. The accounts you use to access the social features on Bungie.net are also in flux.
FeedbackPlayer feedback is one of the most important components of the conversation on Bungie.net. Dedicated teams at Bungie survey the forums in search of support issues and development ideas. Specific user-created topics that trend as a result of community interaction are more effective in providing us with that information than blog threads with thousands of competing replies.The following changes will help us source feedback from players of Destiny:
- Blog comments are being directed toward relevant forums
- Gameplay history will be required to provide game feedback
AccountsAs stated in a previous Bungie.net Update, some of the Sign In paths you use to access your account are about to change. Updates to APIs for social networks are about to make them incompatible as authentication options on our website. Linking your Bungie.net account to alternative logins will enable you to preserve your history as a member of our community.The following changes will take effect on Tuesday, March 24th:
Learn more about Bungie.net account management here.
- Facebook logins will become invalid
- Google+ logins will become invalid
- All Bungie.net accounts will need to be linked to one of the following free gaming accounts:
- PlayStation ID
- Xbox Live Gamertag
- PlayStation Plus and Xbox LIVE Gold will be optional
- Microsoft Accounts will need to be associated with a Gamertag viawww.xbox.comLike the game it supports, Bungie.net net is in a constant state of development. There's even a forum devoted to your suggestions for how it can serve you better, so let us know what else you'd like to see in future updates.
Feel free to comment, or head over to our Destiny Forums and discuss anything related to Destiny.